In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to get your store builder website added to the Google Search Console to get verified.
There are a few reasons to verify your store within the Google Search Console, one main reason is for SEO purposes which will allow your store to get a better ranking.
Also, before being able to fully use the Google Merchant Product feed, you must have your store builder website verified.
Follow along in the demonstration and the steps below to get an overview of how to get verified in the Google Search Console:
1. Go to your Google Search Console and add your store builder and verify it
2. Select URL Prefix and enter your store builder URL and click Continue
3. Inside Verify ownership window, select HTML tag
4. Copy the HTML script by clicking the COPY button
5. Go to your store builder Main Store Settings menu and click on Custom Scripts
Please copy the exact format as shown in the screenshot (and written below) and insert the google script between <html> and </head> and click on the SAVE CHANGES button
PASTE HTML TAG SCRIPT
6.Go back to your Google Search Console and click on the VERIFY button
Your store builder's website/URL should now successfully be verified within the Google Search Console.