A Lead Generation page is designed specifically for the purpose of capturing personal information such as name and email address. Any company or business that uses email marketing will want to take advantage of a lead generation page for their website that invites them to subscribe, buy, or sign up!
On a lead generation page, customers can enter their information usually in exchange for a resource or valuable information that is sent to their email after they sign up.
Before you get started, make sure you have your autoresponder integrated. If you do not have your autoresponder connected, please check out the tutorial on how to set that up here.
1. Choose Lead Generation Page and click Next
2. Give your lead generation page an Internal Name and Description and select a template.
Please note, by default the view of the template is in mobile, but tablet and desktop views can be previewed by the selections in the upper right corner of the preview frame.
Add in your logo and a background image if you wish.
3. Now continue through the remaining sections to setup your Lead Generation page:
4. When you get to the form section, you can adjust the the opt-in box text, details captured (name and email or just email) and also select a designated autoresponder if you have integrated it already and want the customer details to be sent to that autoresponder account
Additionally, any entrant details submitted will be present on your Lead Generation dashboard under 'Entrants':
Continue on with the rest of the sections and refer to this breakdown below of each:
- Give the template a name and description
- Pick a template that you like
- Upload your own logo and background Image (if you don't provide a background image the one provided with template will be displayed)
- Provide main headline and subtitle
- Add cover image
- Call to action button (For example: ENTER TO WIN!) Or just Sign Up.
- You can also add Facebook likes and comments (Check those boxes if you want those added)
- You can set a timer to show urgency. This timer will be displayed on promotion page
- You can display text above the timer
- Pick your timer theme
- Set the duration
- Actions: Choose to redirect them to a new page, repeat the timer, or remove it. For the redirect action once the customer signs up they will be redirected to the url you specify.
- Connect Autoresponder first
- Select your autoresponder and list from the drop down menu
- Give the Button a name such as “submit”
- Give the page a name and a url permalink
- Opt in trigger box label is the header navigation link to trigger opt in pop up page
- Contact page name and permalink
- Footer Links are links that link to your fundamental pages such as about and contact and your disclaimer page.
- You can also add your own links in the footer as well if you click add link
Thank you Pages
There a two forms of thank you pages you can use:
Redirect to External URL
Dynamic Thank you page
If after they sign up you want them to be redirected to your website or a different page, you use the redirect to external URL and just put your website or url you want to take them to once they are finished.
The dynamic thank you page is included on the site and after they sign up, they will be taken to your thank you page. There are some settings that you will need to set for this and if you have a digital download you can use this to deliver it to your customers directly!
- Give it a Title and Subtitle
- Provide the content. This is where you also can add your digital file or URL
- Fill in the button details. For example you can name the button “Download File Here”
- You can then upload the file where it says drag and drop file here.
- Meta tags are snippets of text that describe a page's content; the meta tags don't appear on the page itself, but only in the page's source code. Meta tags are essentially little content descriptors that help tell search engines what a web page is about. They are important for SEO and to make your links on social media platforms stand out.
- Give your page a memorable permalink and start using your lead generation page to collect emails!
Please contact our customer support at [email protected] or by simply clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of the screen if you have any questions or issues